Sunday 27 July 2014

Style Inspiration

Style Inspiration

When it comes to finding your own personal style, I find that one of the key ingrediants to achieve this is to look for inspiration. Inspiration can come from anywhere, whether it be celebrities, music, art, literature, architecture, photography... etc. 
Keep in Mind this post could potentially be in working progress... as my style develops, many things may be added so follow this style journey!
Here's a list of my personal favourites and how they inspire me to dress the way I want to:

Celebrities:

Alexa Chung:

In terms of style, Alexa Chung wins every time. The queen of being effortless. I love her twist on the preppy/schoolgirl look with her white collared shirts and brown brogues. Her style is effortless and achievable to copy at an affordable price. If you haven't ever read Alexa Chung's book 'It', I highly recommend it. Go buy it. Now. I love how Alexa is able to take an old pair of Levi shorts and pair it with an oversized blouse and some flats and it looks simply stunning. I also love how Alexa's style rarely changes. Her style is defined and classic. This is great for us as it shows that we don't have to follow every trend out there! Looking at Alexa's style is such a good way of piecing together how you want to dress and really helped me understand what my style actually was! 


Miranda Kerr: 

Miranda Kerr is simply my girl crrrrrush! In terms of fashion, I wouldn't necessarily say she was my go-to gal. However, her style is definitely something I admire because it is classic and effortless. I love her off-the-clock style days as she pairs jeans with dressy tops to balance out the look and make it seem multi-functional. Most importantly however, in terms of her make-up, her healthy lifestyle and her positivity, she is such an inspiring woman. If she's not doing her yoga she's eating her Chia seeds. Her instagram is addicting. Seriously. Follow her and you'll start to understand why life is so wonderful. 

Suki Waterhouse: 

Possibly one of the coolest dressed celebrities out there. I envy her hair, her style, her music taste. And she's dating Bradley Cooper which is enough to make any girl jealous.  I would say her style is very Rock' N' Roll/Sixties. The best part about this is that she effortlessly makes it work. Reading about Suki, I love how she talks about how she is inspired by the Sixties and how she reads about her inspirations, such as Pattie Boyd. It's so amazing how a celebrity talking about their own inspirations can influence how we see/think about fashion. 10/10 Suki. 



Olivia Palermo: 

We dress for our surroundings. Therefore, if I ever was to go live in Los Angeles then I would try and follow Olivia's style down to a T. Unfortunately, I don't live blissfully in the hills and have to come to terms with that. Therefore, her style for me is quite limited. I couldn't necessarily walk around in skirts and shorts in 12 degrees. However,  I take so much inspiration from this woman. Her style is impeccable. It's classy, its original, its fun, it's.. expensive. But... I love how simple her style is and how she can add accessories to glam it up. Plus she really reminds me of Audrey Hepburn... so without further ado.. 

Audrey Hepburn: 

I'm not sure how much credit I could give to Audrey Hepburn as from the outfits she has worn in movies such as 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' and 'Funny Face', her outfits have obviously been picked by famous designers such as Givenchy. However, regardless, I've always loved Audrey Hepburn for her elegance, her happiness and her acting.  She's an icon in her own right and from pictures I have seen of Audrey out of character, she dresses with simplicity and grace. 


2 comments:

  1. What a fun read…I love all the people that you mention! Totally inspiring!

    xx
    Michele
    http://www.roguetutu.com

    ReplyDelete