Wednesday 23 July 2014

Awkward Weather

OOTD

So the weather in England has been fluctuating lately.  Some days it can be pretty decent outside with clear skies, whilst other days it's just painfully humid without a spot of sun in sight. 
Today is one of those cloudy days...
This means that it's so hard to find something that keeps you cool throughout the day without looking as if you're about to hit the beach. 





The outfit is pretty simple, it doesn't appear too "summer-ish" but its easy to adapt to the weather changes. 

It's so easy to wear crop tops on days like this because if it does get chilly you can layer it up with a jacket, cardigan or blazer and you will still be able to see the crop top underneath. I love how this top from Topshop is structured at the neckline as it offers more of a dressier feel. 


I'm also absolutely obsessed with these ripped jeans from Topshop. They're definitely a summer staple and offer a casual feel to the outfit, challenging the dressier crop. 
These shoes are from Primark and are honestly the greatest thing thats probably ever came out of the store. Unlike other pointed flats that I've seen, they're so inexpensive at around £6 and have surprisingly survived an array of climates. They're also great for making an outfit dressier. Plus because they're sandals, they'll keep you cool. 



In terms of accessories I've kept it to my basics that I wear with absolutely everything! My floppy hat from Topshop is probably the best thing I've ever bought. It's so amazing how one item can make an outfit appear more classic and 'done up'!



4 comments:

  1. This is a really cute outfit! Perfect for wavering weather. I really like that hat.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete