Thursday 31 July 2014

Crazy for Paisley

OOTD

I am obsessed with paisley at the moment. For me, it works all year around. 
As it is summer, I have to basically force myself to wear some element of colour (such a hard task). 
Sometimes I feel as though there is underlying pressure to force yourself to buy some sort of coloured clothing, knowing deep down you just want to grab that beautiful black/grey/white ensemble off the rail. 
Patterned clothing however is the answer to my prayers because it looks cool, plus you have a sneaky bit of colour in there. In this case, paisley! 


This blouse is from Primark and definitely looks more expensive than what it actually was. What I like about Primark is that you're able to buy something so cheaply and if you start to get bored of it, at least you didn't pay £80 for it from a designer store! 

If you do start to become attached to a certain design/pattern, then I feel its best to venture out into an expensive range. Until then, keep to the high street stores!


I went with more of a summer theme to this look. It's not exactly Mediterranean weather in England but it still gets pretty warm so I want to at least look remotely content about the sunshine! 
I paired this paisley blouse with some white jeans I bought from Zara and it gives the whole outfit a sleek, fresh look. 




I had to get some black in this outfit somehow! I am obsessed with this duster coat from Topshop. I've seen them in white and lilic but this one totally won me over. It was a bit pricey but its shaped beautifully. I love how I could style this with a casual outfit like this one but also pair it with a nice dress for the evening. It will also look great in the Autumn time!


I wouldn't necessarily say this coat was perfect in summer, but during those windy, breezy days, it keeps you content! 



In terms of make-up I normally keep it simple and natural for the day time. However, I couldn't help but add some red lippy to this look because I felt like it just needed to be there! The pop of red just totally contrasts the rest of the look and looks great during the day in the summer! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment